Friday, November 9, 2012

Rich Wood 10

Food is Fuel
A Journey Through Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Diabetes and Lifestyle Change


I am familiar with all the little voices you fight inside your head when you are struggling with your weight.  How you will say to your friends, “I know this food is unhealthy…but I don’t care, it’s just so good.”  That was not how I ever really felt on the inside.  I did care, and so do you.  I made jokes about myself, and the other overweight people in my life would laugh along with me.  That was easier to do than to face the problem.  

There is no easy way.  No pill.  You can do it without getting dangerous surgery.  You can do it by putting the human brain and body to work!  I am working with a gentleman right now and I have watched everything about him change.  He is so determined to get better and stronger.  Find that in yourself.  All the confidence and care you put into your kids or grand kids  or your spouse, or job…whatever it is…put that faith into your own well being.  Can you do something for yourself that is necessary to continue living??  I know that if I was able to break the hold that an unhealthy lifestyle had on me, you can too.  Your diet and workouts don’t have to be a torture test.  You have to educate yourself in what will work for you.  


What do you need to happen to make you realize that it is time? 

There will come a time, hopefully because something will click inside of you and not because of doctors orders, and you will be ready to make a change.  Stay on the path.   Losing and gaining weight – it is a real struggle for people, now is the time to try something new, why would you not take a chance on yourself?.  Ice cream and soda are not more important than your overall health.  I found that once I had to get healthy, I never wanted to be anything but that.  I now love healthy food, and I’m dedicating my life to helping people get better.

Stay strong and realize sacrifices will have to be made to get the results you want.  

-Rich Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment