Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rich Wood 14

Food is Fuel
A Journey Through Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Diabetes and Lifestyle Change

Change: to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

Champion: a fighter or warrior

What makes you not believe in yourself? You know in your heart you are capable of so much more. Your body lets you know everyday if how you treat it and what you are doing to it works. Finding the right nutrition program and training program is not hard. It is a phone call or email away. Getting yourself to do it is the hard part. 

I told myself I am going to change, and I did. I don’t want to be weak minded. I want to be in charge of my mind and body. Food does not control me. When I am in the gym, the weights do not control me, I control the weights. How in any way would making your health a priority be a bad thing? If you read this and think that you would like to change, then start right now…you are worth it. I want to know exactly what I am made of. Putting honest, hard work in at the gym shows me that everyday. You can’t hide your weakness in the gym.  

Your true inner champion will come out by the work you put in.

People will invest in a stock and hope and pray for it to be successful years down the line. Put the same faith in yourself and in your health and success will come immediately. What would be a better long term investment than you? The easiest thing to do would be to let life pass you by. Make today different. I work with people that thought the things they are doing today would have been impossible only a month ago. 

The hardest muscle to train is your brain. Excuses have stopped you before, but don’t let it stop your health and happiness. You have something inside of you that needs to be explored. Challenge yourself to something new. If you wake everyday saying I have to lose weight, or I need to get into shape – or I need to make a difference in someone else’s life…make it your own. Don’t let the fear of failure keep you from anything. The journey is worth it – you won’t fail if you try. Regret is a million times worse than failure. 

There are no negatives to being healthy. Your only obstacle is food?? Do you really want to be that weak? (but Rich…the unhealthy things taste so good…) my answer is, are those worth the anxiety and guilt, and the way you physically feel? We both know the answer. Your body is telling you right now!!! You owe it to yourself to get on the path of happiness and health. These things will not land on your shoulder like a bird; you have to make it happen. Stop thinking in old patterns – challenge yourself. 

Try a new way. My life is full of people trying their best to be healthy. They don’t want the guilt and stress of being unhealthy in their head anymore. I promise you, the solution to whatever problem you are facing is solvable. Take the first step and try. There is no failure in that. I see accomplishments and success everyday. I’m so grateful and humbled by this. Start realizing how special you are, and how wonderful life is. Challenge yourself. Find out what you are made of. Be happy, healthy, and proud. Once you change your mind, your body will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment